May 8th, 2020 Update
Important Update: In an abundance of caution, we have chosen to temporarily close due to COVID19 exposure and we will be conducting virtual visits only for the next 2 weeks from 5/6-5/19. Please call 617-910-8274 our after hours cell with any questions and concerns. If we think you need to be seen in an office we can appropriately direct you and connect you with care. If you call our main office line-please leave a message as we will be checking the voicemail regularly during office hours 8am-5pm on weekdays. We anticipate we will reopen 5/20.
We just wanted to let you know we are here for you and still open for you! As many of you have heard, COVID-19 cases are expected to increase significantly in the next 2 weeks in Massachusetts. Continue to practice social distancing and stay home if you have a non-essential job or can work from home.
We are still open on weekdays from 8AM-5PM and always available after hours on 617-910-8274. We are not open on weekends this month but call our after-hours cell with any weekend concerns. As usual, our office is closed from 12-1pm during weekdays but please leave a message-we check the phones regularly and will call you back by the end of the workday.
Our role in this pandemic is to keep you safe and healthy at home, and be able to appropriately direct you to the care you need.
A quick update:
- We are conducting virtual visits with Zoom- call us and we can see if your child needs to be seen in the office or managed at home. On your phone you can download the app at zoom.us. Please provide our office staff with an email and we will email you a consent form. Insurance covers these visits. There is NO COPAY.
- We will be documenting phone calls with insurance and you should NOT be charged for these services. If there are any issues with telemedicine (both zoom or phone calls) and you are somehow charged- we will be waiving the fee. We want you to feel comfortable calling us during this difficult time.
- We are keeping healthy physicals in the morning that were already scheduled, especially for children under 2 who need vaccines, and are prioritizing physicals in the morning.
- Please let us know IN ADVANCE if you or your child has any fever, cough, sore throat, diarrhea, vomiting in the past 2 weeks, or exposure to people with these symptoms or COVID19 so we can prepare accordingly
- We would like to minimize time in the waiting room, so you can call us when you arrive to check in and we will call you in.
- For every in-office visit, please only have one person accompany child. If no childcare available at home, it is okay to bring siblings but we are trying to minimize foot traffic in clinic.
- Children should be on their controller medications if they have asthma
- For families with family member who had been diagnosed with COVID19-give us a call and we can discuss quarantine and monitoring.
- Now more than ever, parents and young adults should STOP SMOKING as this can increase your risk for complications for any virus-call us if you need help with this and we can help support you:
- We are waiving all cancellation fees
Also, we can understand many families and patients are financially strained during this time and there are concerns about food, housing, transportation. Please let us know if you need any help with this and we can guide/connect you to resources.
Good resources about covid-19:
- Continue good hand washing
- Keep a schedule and daily goals
- 6 feet distancing in public settings, stay at home when possible
- No playdates; Would have skype dates instead
- Can take walks outside, write, journal, read, draw
- Call your family and friends-stay connected to people
- Avoid non-essential travel
Our after hours number is 617-910-8274 from 5PM-8AM on weekdays and all day and night on weekends. The after-hours line is for Porter Pediatrics patients only and we will report telemarketers or solicitors. Please call 617-426-9200 during office hours.